Diamond Coated CVD Tools for Cutting Abrasive Materials
The new CVD cutting tools for GRP, CFK, PCB and plastics exceed standard tools in both surface finish and tool life when milling abrasive materials. With these specially-developed CVD diamond milling tool high feed rates can be obtained while maintaining extremely long tool life — even when milling CFK/CGRP.
Diamond-Coated Cutting Tool Applications:
- Milling composite materials
- Milling engineered plastics
- Milling carbon fiber (carbon reinforced plastics CRP)
- Milling FR4 and other PCB materials
- Milling glass filled plastics (GFP / GRP - glass reinforced plastic)
- VHM-Endmill with up-soldered diamond cut
- With one/two cut and flat front polished section
- Shank without clamping surface
Machining Sample showing advantages of CVD tools!
The carbon-fiber keyboard (shown right) was milled on a DATRON high-speed machining center using a dimond (CVD) tool. The PKD tool increased tool life during this application by as much as 3 times while the CVD drill increased tool life by up to 25 times!