Machining Electronics Parts
DATRON knows electronics manufacturing and everything about the development and production of electronics components because we were founded as an electronics company almost 40 years ago. So, it's only logical that as we became a pioneer of high-speed CNC milling and engraving machines that we'd develop a piece of equipment that is perfectly suited to our needs as an electronics company. Logically, the equipment that we've developed for ourselves is ideal for machining electronics parts. Typical parts include, enclosures and housings, front panels, PCB, test fixtures, test sockets, adapters, connectors, heat sinks and the milling of G10, FR4, Delrin, Torlon, copper and EMI-proof aluminum.
Here are some of the unique features that have made DATRON the preferred solution for electronics machining:
- Vacuum Table Workholding - vacuum tables from 12" x 18" up to 24" x 36" provide quick setup of sheet material
- CleanCut Chip Removal - vacuum technology developed specifically for sheet material machining
- Probing / Surface Scanning - scans surface, recognizes irregular work-piece topography and compensates for it dynamically
- Automatic Tool Changer - up to 45 tool stations depending on machine model, includes tool-length and breakage detection
- Pneumatic Clamping Systems - pneumatic, shortstroke clamps that minimize setup times for redundant processes
- 5-Axis Capability - integrated trunnion-style rotary axis for multisided milling of aluminum (watch video)
- Automation - digital I/O allows for installation of 3rd party devices and full control through the machining program
LEARN MORE: View our Electronics Machining Showcase (at the bottom of the page).
Electronics Machining Case Studies:
Use the FORM (right) to initiate a conversation.
Or call us at 888.262.2833
Electronics Machining Showcase (Sample Photos):