The ideal method for holding sheet material.
The Best Vacuum Workholding Doesn’t Require a Gasket
Working with plate stock should be easy, right?
You’ve probably seen it or done it yourself – holding down a sheet of material with glue, double-sided sticky tape, or a myriad of clamps and bolts that you need to program around. Vacuum workholding is clearly a superior method, but even so, particular attention is needed for setting up the gasket, or creating a custom vacuum nest for your parts. At some point you have to ask yourself, “there must be a better way?”
A Better Way
As a result of fine-tuning vacuum workholding systems for over 20 years, DATRON has perfected the recipe. While the core concept is the same as typical vacuum chucks, the similarities stop there:
- Vacuum ports are spread over surface for even distribution
- Unused zones can be deactivated with the twist of a grommet
- Vacuum is spread through sacrificial Vacucard layer, replacing any need for gaskets
- High flow vacuum pumps ensure tight grip on even small parts
- Any shape can be cut out easily without rigorous setup