Multi Thread Mill
The multi-thread mill can thread a hole more quickly than a standard thread mill. The multiple cutting teeth achieve a very good quality, exact thread in just one revolution. They are not recommended for steel.
Thread milling is when a tool is used to helix and machine either an internal or an external thread. Thread milling offers distinct advantages compared to tapping, such as:
- Higher quality and cleaner threaded grooves
- More control on the tolerance or size of the thread
- Burr-free edges with a bevel to assist with a lead-in
We offer a wide range of micro-grain carbide tools that can create thread sizes as small as 1-64 UNC or M1 Metric threads.
DATRON’s unique CNC cutting tools are made with a proprietary process:
- We use high quality micro-grain carbide to provide superior tool life and long-term savings
- A multi-stage grinding process delivers extra sharp, polished edges for burr-free machining, reducing or eliminating the need to hand-finish parts
- Patented tool geometries that decrease cycle times, improve finishes and boost productivity
Check out this video on our tools: