Electronic Part Manufacturing
What could be better for electronics part R&D and production than a machine designed by an electronics part manufacturer? It’s true, DATRON didn’t start as a machine tool builder. Over 40 years ago, we started as an electronics company and the development of our first high speed CNC milling machine was done out of necessity. We needed a milling machine versatile enough to machine a wide range of materials and accurate enough to produce intricate high tolerance components. Since that time, DATRON milling machines have become the premiere solution for the production of aluminum enclosures and housings, heat sinks, front panels, membrane switches, adapters, connectors, sockets, wave solder pallets as well as PCB rework and trace cutting and micro hole drilling. Here are some of the unique features that have made DATRON the preferred solution for electronics part manufacturing:
- Vacuum Table Workholding - vacuum tables from 12" x 18" up to 24" x 36" provide quick setup of sheet material
- CleanCut Chip Removal - vacuum technology developed specifically for sheet material machining
- Probing / Surface Scanning - scans surface, recognizes irregular work-piece topography and compensates for it dynamically
- Automatic Tool Changer - up to 45 tool stations depending on machine model, includes tool-length and breakage detection
- Pneumatic Clamping Systems - pneumatic, shortstroke clamps that minimize setup times for redundant processes
- 5-Axis Capability - integrated trunnion-style rotary axis for multisided milling of aluminum (watch video)
- Automation - digital I/O allows for installation of 3rd party devices and full control through the machining program
LEARN MORE: View our Electronics Part Milling Showcase (at the bottom of the page).
Milling Machines for Electronics Part Manufacturing - While all DATRON machines are capable of milling electromechanical parts, here are a few specific models that you may want to look at: M8Cube, M10 Pro and MLCube (see page bottom for reasons).
Do you have a electronics part manufacturing application?
Part of our sales process is to qualify our equipment for your application. We have a staff of product specialists and application engineers who can help to address your specific challenges.
Use the FORM (right) to initiate a conversation.
Or call us at 888.262.2833
Electronics Part Manufacturing Showcase (Sample Photos):