UID Marking with Milling Machine
Scan & Read UID Markings with a Datron CNC and it will automatically engrave the corresponding serial number on parts! DATRON provides a UID marking solution to manufacturers in the form of a high-speed CNC milling and engraving machine that is flexible enough to handle a wide variety of applications and rugged enough for 24/7/365 industrial production. DATRON CNC machines can perform UID marking in stainless steel, hardened steel, aluminum, plastics, composites and virtually any other millable material. And get this – because of our 3D probing and material surface scanning ability, DATRON can even engrave UID markings on ROUNDED or CONTOURED SURFACES ... at an even depth!
The UID or Unique IDentification program is a mandate by the Department of Defense (DOD) that calls for specified “tangible assets” to be marked so that they can be tracked through their “useful” life. Therefore, there has been a rise in the need for marked tags and nameplates made from metals and plastics.
Specifically, manufacturers producing equipment purchased by the United States Government meeting a certain criteria will need to mark their products for UID compliance. Those criteria are as follows:
- Costs over $5,000
- Serially managed
- Mission essential
- Controlled inventory
- Serially managed
- Consumable item or material where permanent identification is necessary
DATRON high speed CNC machining centers offer the following advantages:
- High Speed Spindles (up to 60,000 RPM) - The high spindle speed reduces the chip load which reduces the forces between the tool and the material. High-speed/low-force machining yields less heat, reduces tool deflection, and allows machining of thinner walled work pieces. This all results in cooler machining, superior surface quality and better accuracy.
- Probing / Surface Scanning - scans surface, recognizes irregular work-piece topography and compensates for it dynamically
- Automatic Tool Changer - up to 45 tool stations depending on machine model, includes tool-length and breakage detection
- Vacuum Table Workholding - vacuum tables from 12" x 18" up to 24" x 36" provide quick setup of sheet material
- Pneumatic Clamping Systems - pneumatic, shortstroke clamps that minimize setup times for redundant processes
Do you have an UID Marking application?
Part of our sales process is to qualify our equipment for your application. We have a staff of product specialists and application engineers who can help to address your specific challenges.
Use the FORM (right) to initiate a conversation.
Or call us at 888.262.2833
UID Marking Showcase (Sample Photos):