If we had to name a single application that DATRON high speed milling machines are uniquely suited to, it would be milling panels. Customers that mill front panels, control panels, instrument panels and name plates are quite frankly our bread and butter. That's because our CNC machines are ideally set up for the job. Starting with an ample work area (40" x 28" standard) that accomodates sheet material and facilitates batch milling of panels. Then, there's our vacuum table workholding that allows for quick set up of sheet material from 0.001”, to 0.250”. Plus, we have CNC probing (measuring) that adds to the speed of set up and guarantees part uniformity by detecting surface irregularities and dynamically compensating for them. DATRON high speed machining centers can be equipped with the following:
- Probing / Surface Scanning - scans surface, recognizes irregular work-piece topography and compensates for it dynamically
- Automatic Tool Changer - up to 45 tool stations depending on machine model, includes tool-length and breakage detection
- Vacuum Table Workholding - vacuum tables from 12" x 18" up to 24" x 36" provide quick setup of sheet material
- Pneumatic Clamping Systems - pneumatic, shortstroke clamps that minimize setup times for redundant processes
- 5-Axis Capability - integrated trunnion-style rotary axis for multisided milling of aluminum (watch video)
- CleanCut Chip Removal - vacuum technology developed specifically for sheet material machining
- Automation - digital I/O allows for installation of 3rd party devices and full control through the machining program
LEARN MORE: View our Panel Milling Showcase (at the bottom of the page) and download the documents below.
Panel Milling Machines - While all DATRON machines are capable of milling panels, here are a few specific models that you may want to look at: M8Cube, M10 Pro and MLCube (see page bottom for reasons).
Do you have a panel milling application?
Part of our sales process is to qualify our equipment for your application. We have a staff of product specialists and application engineers who can help to address your specific challenges.
Use the FORM (right) to initiate a conversation.
Or call us at 888.262.2833
Panel Milling Showcase (Sample Photos):