Milling Aluminum | Milling CNC
DATRON high speed milling machines were specifically designed for optimized milling of aluminum. This includes high speed spindles up to 60,000 rpm that allow for high feed rates up to 1,000 inches per minute and reduced cycle times. Plus, our spray-mist coolant evaporates quickly so that parts are clean, burr-free and dry when they come off the machine.This eliminates the need for de-greasing and de-burring operations which saves both time and money. Other DATRON features that lend themselves to milling aluminum and aluminum sheet material are:
- Vacuum Table Workholding - vacuum tables from 12" x 18" up to 24" x 36" provide quick setup of sheet material
- CleanCut Chip Removal - vacuum technology developed specifically for sheet material machining
- Probing / Surface Scanning - scans surface, recognizes irregular work-piece topography and compensates for it dynamically
- Automatic Tool Changer - up to 45 tool stations depending on machine model, includes tool-length and breakage detection
- Pneumatic Clamping Systems - pneumatic, shortstroke clamps that minimize setup times for redundant processes
- 5-Axis Capability - integrated trunnion-style rotary axis for multisided milling of aluminum (watch video)
- Automation - digital I/O allows for installation of 3rd party devices and full control through the machining program
LEARN MORE: View our Milling Aluminum Showcase (at the bottom of the page).
Milling Machines for Milling Aluminum - While all DATRON machines are capable of milling aluminum, here are a few specific models that you may want to look at: M8Cube, M10 Pro and MLCube (see page bottom for reasons).
Do you have a milling aluminum application?
Part of our sales process is to qualify our equipment for your application. We have a staff of product specialists and application engineers who can help to address your specific challenges.
Use the FORM (right) to initiate a conversation.
Or call us at 888.262.2833
Milling Aluminum Showcase (Sample Photos):