Milling Aluminum Enclosures
Milling aluminum to produce parts like enclosures, housings and panels ... well, this is what we consider our "bread and butter". That's because our high-speed CNC milling machines were designed specifically for efficient machining of aluminum. Worldwide, DATRON machining centers are employed by leading electronics manufacturers for milling aluminum enclosures in both small and larger production runs. Single aluminum enclosures can be fixtured using our pneumatic clamping system while our integrated vacuum tables are often used for batch milling a number of aluminum enclosures from a single sheet of aluminum. In either case, users benefit from our high-speed machining spindle (up to 60,000 rpm) which produces superb quality parts in reduced cycle times. Many of our other integrated features and options have a positive impact on aluminum enclosure milling. They are as follows:
- Probing / Surface Scanning - scans surface, recognizes irregular work-piece topography and compensates for it dynamically
- Spray-Mist Coolant System - a micro-volume coolant that evaporates fast leaving clean parts and the need for degreasing
- Automatic Tool Changer - up to 45 tool stations depending on machine model, includes tool-length and breakage detection
- 5-Axis Capability - integrated trunnion-style rotary axis for multisided milling of aluminum enclosures (watch video)
- CleanCut Chip Removal - vacuum technology developed specifically for sheet material machining
- Automation - digital I/O allows for installation of 3rd party devices and full control through the machining program
LEARN MORE: View our Milling Aluminum Enclosure Showcase (at the bottom of the page).
Milling Machines for Machining Aluminum Enclosures - While all DATRON machines are capable of milling aluminum enclosures, here are a few specific models that you may want to look at: M7, M8Cube and MLCube (see page bottom for reasons).
Do you have an aluminum enclosure application?
Part of our sales process is to qualify our equipment for your application. We have a staff of product specialists and application engineers who can help to address your specific challenges.
Use the FORM (right) to initiate a conversation.
Or call us at 888.262.2833
Milling Aluminum Enclosures Showcase (Sample Photos):