Counter Plate Milling
DATRON offers turn-key solutions designed specifically for the counter plate industry. Efficient machining of stainless steel and phenolic: DATRON high-speed machining centers with integrated vacuum-table workholding allow for quick set up of 106, 145 and 162 cm (45“ x 63“) machine sizes. From dust extraction to tooling: DATRON offers everything the counter plate industry demands — from dust extraction for phenolic to tooling optimized for milling counter plates. Leverage DATRON‘s 20 years of experience in high-speed machining! DATRON high speed CNC machining centers offer the following advantages:
- High Speed Spindles (up to 60,000 RPM) - The high spindle speed reduces the chip load which reduces the forces between the tool and the material. High-speed/low-force machining yields less heat, reduces tool deflection, and allows machining of thinner walled work pieces. This all results in cooler machining, superior surface quality and better accuracy.
- CleanCut Chip/Dust Removal - a non-contact suction system removes debris from the surface of phenolic counter plates and stainless steel sheet material during milling. This eliminates time consuming clean up and maximizes the quality of your counter plates.
- Probing / Surface Scanning - scans surface, recognizes irregular work-piece topography and compensates for it dynamically
- Automatic Tool Changer - up to 45 tool stations depending on machine model, includes tool-length and breakage detection
- Vacuum Table Workholding - vacuum tables from 12" x 18" up to 24" x 36" provide quick setup of sheet material
- Pneumatic Clamping Systems - pneumatic, shortstroke clamps that minimize setup times for redundant processes
- 5-Axis Capability - integrated trunnion-style rotary axis for multisided milling of aluminum (watch video)
LEARN MORE: View our Counter Plate Milling Showcase (at the bottom of the page) and download our Counter Plate Milling Brochures (below):
Milling machines for counter plate production - While nearly all DATRON machines can be utilized for counter plate milling, here are a few specific models that you may want to look at: M8Cube, M10Pro and MLCube (see page bottom for reasons).
Do you have an counter plate application?
Part of our sales process is to qualify our equipment for your application. We have a staff of product specialists and application engineers who can help to address your specific challenges.
Use the FORM (right) to initiate a conversation.
Or call us at 888.262.2833
Counter Plate Milling Showcase (Sample Photos):