Part Marking Engraving Parts Identification Marks
Part marking for parts identification is becoming more and more common and even more regulated than ever before. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the firearms industry where the ATF mandates strict part marking regulations including the actual depth of the part marking for efficient and permanent part identification. The government is requiring more parts to be marked with UID codes for part identification purposes. This often requires the engraving or milling of steel, aluminum, plastics and composite materials. DATRON high speed CNC milling and engraving machines are highly effective when used in a part marking or engraving capacity. This is due to a high speed spindle (up to 60,000 RPM) which delivers both superior quality and reduced part marking cycle times. Here are some other unique DATRON features:
- Probing / Surface Scanning - scans surface, recognizes irregular work-piece topography and compensates for it dynamically
- Automatic Tool Changer - up to 45 tool stations depending on machine model, includes tool-length and breakage detection
- Vacuum Table Workholding - vacuum tables from 12" x 18" up to 24" x 36" provide quick setup of sheet material
- Pneumatic Clamping Systems - pneumatic, shortstroke clamps that minimize setup times for redundant processes
- 5-Axis Capability - integrated trunnion-style rotary axis for multisided milling of aluminum (watch video)
- CleanCut Chip Removal - vacuum technology developed specifically for sheet material machining
- Automation - digital I/O allows for installation of 3rd party devices and full control through the machining program
LEARN MORE: View our Part Marking Parts Identification Showcase (at the bottom of the page).
Part Marking Machining Centers - While all DATRON machines are capable of engraving or milling parts identification, here are a few specific models that you may want to look at: M8Cube, M10 Pro and MLCube (see page bottom for reasons).
Do you have a part identification application?
Part of our sales process is to qualify our equipment for your application. We have a staff of product specialists and application engineers who can help to address your specific challenges.
Use the FORM (right) to initiate a conversation.
Or call us at 888.262.2833
Parts Marking Showcase (Sample Photos):