Mini CNC Mill
Compared to the typical conventional VMC DATRON high speed milling machines are indeed mini CNC mills. Large VMCs made for hogging out tons of material take up floor space while offering a comparatively small work area. For intricate machining applications, the DATRON M8Cube offers a large 40”x 32” work area and fits in a small 69”x 69” space. The large work envelope provides flexibility for batch machining or multiple set ups and the small footprint leaves extra shop space to work with. DATRON high speed machining centers can be equipped with the following:
- Probing / Surface Scanning - scans surface, recognizes irregular work-piece topography and compensates for it dynamically
- Automatic Tool Changer - up to 45 tool stations depending on machine model, includes tool-length and breakage detection
- Vacuum Table Workholding - vacuum tables from 12" x 18" up to 24" x 36" provide quick setup of sheet material
- Pneumatic Clamping Systems - pneumatic, shortstroke clamps that minimize setup times for redundant processes
- 5-Axis Capability - integrated trunnion-style rotary axis for multisided milling of aluminum (watch video)
- CleanCut Chip Removal - vacuum technology developed specifically for sheet material machining
- Automation - digital I/O allows for installation of 3rd party devices and full control through the machining program
LEARN MORE: View our Mini CNC Mill Parts Showcase (at the bottom of the page).
Mini CNC Mills - While all DATRON machines have a substancially smaller footprint than the average VMC, here are a few specific models that you may want to look at: M8Cube, M10 Pro and MLCube (see page bottom for reasons).
Do you have a Mini CNC Mill application?
Part of our sales process is to qualify our equipment for your application. We have a staff of product specialists and application engineers who can help to address your specific challenges.
Use the FORM (right) to initiate a conversation.
Or call us at 888.262.2833
Mini CNC Mill Parts Showcase (Sample Photos):