Milling LED (Light) Parts
DATRON high speed CNC milling machines are used for milling LED parts for manufacturing LED lights. These machines were specifically developed for producing electro-mechanical parts and excel at milling aluminum, abrasive engineered plastics and composites like PCB, FR4 and G10 material - all of which are frequently used in manufacturing LED lighting. Our high speed spindles (up to 60,000 RPM) provide fast feed rates and reduced cycle times whether you're prototyping a single part or batch machining for high volume production of LED housings, panels, covers, lenses reflectors or PCB. The large work are on virtually any DATRON machine allows for various set ups integrated workholding and automation. Some of our features and options include:
- Probing / Surface Scanning - scans surface, recognizes irregular work-piece topography and compensates for it dynamically
- Automatic Tool Changer - up to 45 tool stations depending on machine model, includes tool-length and breakage detection
- Vacuum Table Workholding - vacuum tables from 12" x 18" up to 24" x 36" provide quick setup of sheet material
- Pneumatic Clamping Systems - pneumatic, shortstroke clamps that minimize setup times for redundant processes
- 5-Axis Capability - integrated trunnion-style rotary axis for multisided milling of aluminum (watch video)
- CleanCut Chip Removal - vacuum technology developed specifically for sheet material machining
- Automation - digital I/O allows for installation of 3rd party devices and full control through the machining program
LEARN MORE: View our Milling LED Parts Showcase (at the bottom of the page).
LED Milling Machines - While all DATRON machines are capable ofMilling LED parts, here are a few specific models that you may want to look at: M8Cube, M10 Pro and MLCube (see page bottom for reasons).
Do you have a LED (light) milling application?
Part of our sales process is to qualify our equipment for your application. We have a staff of product specialists and application engineers who can help to address your specific challenges.
Use the FORM (right) to initiate a conversation.
Or call us at 888.262.2833
Milling LED Parts (Sample Photos):