• Part enters machine, machine automatically checks which part is there and probes for surface variances
• Machine control selects program for that part & surface variance is compensated for in machining data
• Appropriate sequential Serial NUmber and/or logo is engraved
• Even depth is maintained ... even on a rounded surface!
• Machine checks to make sure serial number is present and has an even depth before removing part
• Part production is recorded & tracked in Database
We have learned, through our past projects with firearms makers, that engraving serialization, depth and consistency of engraving and proper reporting and recording of serial numbers is very important to the Federal Government. We have special software built into our machine control that makes this a smooth and integrated process. When combined with batch machining, this software can enable consecutive serial number processing that is fast, accurate and secure.