Copper Heatsink Aluminum Heat Sink Milling
Milling copper heat sinks and machining aluminum heat sinks is an ideal application for DATRON high speed CNC milling machines because copper and aluminum are the perfect materials for high speed machining. Our high speed spindles (up to 60,000 RPM) allow for exceptionally high feed rates in copper and aluminum and this reduces the overall cycle time when machining copper and aluminum heat sinks. The small tooling and high RPM used in these applications yield less machining force and the manufacturer is able to mill particularly thin walled parts with superior surface finish without the need for secondary operations like de-burring or degreasing. That's because the coolant used for copper and aluminum is not oil based and simply evaporates leaving clean burr-less heat sinks. Other unique DATRON features include:
- Probing / Surface Scanning - scans surface, recognizes irregular work-piece topography and compensates for it dynamically
- Automatic Tool Changer - up to 45 tool stations depending on machine model, includes tool-length and breakage detection
- Vacuum Table Workholding - vacuum tables from 12" x 18" up to 24" x 36" provide quick setup of sheet material
- Pneumatic Clamping Systems - pneumatic, shortstroke clamps that minimize setup times for redundant processes
- 5-Axis Capability - integrated trunnion-style rotary axis for multisided milling of aluminum (watch video)
- CleanCut Chip Removal - vacuum technology developed specifically for sheet material machining
- Automation - digital I/O allows for installation of 3rd party devices and full control through the machining program
LEARN MORE: View our Heat Sink Machining Showcase (at the bottom of the page).
Heat Sink Milling Machines - While all DATRON machines are capable of milling heat sinks, here are a few specific models that you may want to look at: M8Cube, M10 Pro and MLCube (see page bottom for reasons).
Do you have a heat sink machining application?
Part of our sales process is to qualify our equipment for your application. We have a staff of product specialists and application engineers who can help to address your specific challenges.
Use the FORM (right) to initiate a conversation.
Or call us at 888.262.2833
Heat Sink Milling Showcase (Sample Photos):