CNC Router | High Speed Milling
What is a CNC Router Machine? Well, this is what some of our customers affectionately call their DATRON high speed CNC milling and engraving machine. Some have even been known to refer to it, dare we say, as a "bad ass router". That's because our machines do perform high speed routing. But in reality this equipment is so much more than a CNC router machine. They also mill, engrave, drill and thread mill at high speed. By virtue of a high speed spindle (up to 60,000 RPM) and solid industrial construction that includes either granite or solid concrete polymer tables and cast steel frames, these machines are amongst the most accurate and efficient when it comes to high speed milling with small micro tooling (under 1/2 inch). A small footprint takes up little of your precious floor space and yet the machining table is surprisingly large (40" x 32" on the standard M8Cube model). This allows for multiple set ups including our integrated vacuum table workholding, pneumatic clamping and 5 Axis systems. Here are a few more features:
- Probing / Surface Scanning - scans surface, recognizes irregular work-piece topography and compensates for it dynamically
- Automatic Tool Changer - up to 45 tool stations depending on machine model, includes tool-length and breakage detection
- Vacuum Table Workholding - vacuum tables from 12" x 18" up to 24" x 36" provide quick setup of sheet material
- Pneumatic Clamping Systems - pneumatic, shortstroke clamps that minimize setup times for redundant processes
- 5-Axis Capability - integrated trunnion-style rotary axis for multisided milling of aluminum (watch video)
- CleanCut Chip Removal - vacuum technology developed specifically for sheet material machining
- Automation - digital I/O allows for installation of 3rd party devices and full control through the machining program
LEARN MORE: View our CNC Router Machine Showcase (at the bottom of the page).
CNC Router Machines - While all DATRON CNC Router Machines are capable of high speed machining, here are a few specific models that you may want to look at: M8Cube, M10 Pro and MLCube (see page bottom for reasons).
Do you need a CNC router?
Part of our sales process is to qualify our equipment for your application. We have a staff of product specialists and application engineers who can help to address your specific challenges.
Use the FORM (right) to initiate a conversation.
Or call us at 888.262.2833
CNC Router Machine Showcase (Sample Photos):